This valve is used to ventilate all tanks onboard ships; ballast tanks, fresh water tanks, lub oil tanks and fuel tanks. However, it is not used to ventilate cargo tanks on oil or chemical tankers. These use PV valves.
According to the international load line convention from 1966, all tanks aboard ships are to be protected from seawater penetration by replacing the, until then much used, goosenecks with a vent check valve. This makes the “air vent check valves” a product used on all ships.
Six different models, all with the same basic design and same basic operational principle:
- All valves have the flat float principle, ensuring low leakage
- Sturdy design to withstand severe conditions
- Protection against corrosion, both on the in- and outside, hot dipped galvanized
- High performance, technical data available
- Optional materials: Galvanized steel, aluminium, stainless steel 316L or higher duplex steel